Saturday, February 4, 2012

Frugal French

My favorite two channels to watch these days are Food Network and the Cooking Channel. I start watching and hours later (after viewing every type of cuisine available) I'm inspired and convinced that I, too, can create the most amazing dish imaginable ... on my own show, much less! :)

Recently I saw an episode on Ten Dollar Dinners which was titled, "Frugal French." The dinner included:
I've heard that making french onion soup is a challenge but Melissa d'Arabian made it look so simple! So I gave it a try! I also made the "easy bread sticks" which were delicious! I took a few pictures of the soup while I was cooking.


yellow onions ready to cook for 1.5 hours


After 1.5 hours of onions cooking, red wine, chicken and beef broth along with spices were added


Perfection.





I'll keep you posted on the new show starring a young Francophile! It's airing on The Cooking Channel and is supposedly going to be a HIT!!

 


One can dream ...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I think that would by my favorite show!